[IP] basal question

You need to follow the instructions given in the Pumping Insulin book.  Then
you will know exactly what rate you need at what particular period of time.
Since we are each so different, it is vital that you test your basal
yourself.  Nobody else can do it for you and once you get that sorted, then
living with the pump and controlling your bg's becomes an easy task.  But if
you never sort out your own rates, I don't think you will be able to get the
really fine control that we are all seeking.  Evelynl