Re: [IP] Problem with supplier/insurance

> Hi,
> My supplier (Insulin Infusion Specialties) has been giving me some
> problems lately. ..................... I tried to
> call but it was after five and no one was there.  I called my
> insurance company to ask if there was another supplier to work with
> and was told to ask the supplier.  Hello? Didn't make any sense to
> me but the person on the line didn't understand why I thought that
> wouldn't work. Anyone have similar problems?  Who should I hassle
> next?

Always hassle the insurance company. Escalate to whatever level of
management is necessary and then to the insurance commissioners
office (particularly when you know there is a solution like
purchasing direct). Ultimately it is their CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION to
provide the medical services and supplies in a timely and reasonable
fashion. Don't take no for an answer. Force them to allow the
purchase direct with full reimbursement. Check with MM to see that
the material is actually in stock then go at the insurance company
full tilt. I bet it is a credit problem with Infusion Specialities or
something stupid like that.