Re: [IP] DPT Trial

In a message dated 01/09/2000 5:29:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My understanding is that if a person tests positive for the antibodies
they WILL develop diabetes (within about a three year time frame).

My cousin has been in the control part of the DPT-1 for close to 5 years
now (the offical results that he was positive for the antibodies came back
in late April of 95).  Since he is in the control portion, he has not
recieved anything (insulin or oral).  I am unsure if he is just positive
for ICA or if he has the genetic markers as well.