[IP] Insurance Coverage

The Insurance coverage policies through a company, are controlled by that
company. The company can purchase a policy covering Rxs at 100%, 50%
whatever, co-pays, 90 days worth of Rx or 30 days worth of Rx....the
conpany calls the shots on what and how things are covered.  Sure that are
"standard" type policies, but all co pays are determined by the company you
work for, not specifically blue cross.  SO, write strong letters to your
Sr. execs and HR folks.  It has sometimes worked for me.  If the cost isn't
too great, company will cover it..sometimes.  Sometimes they just haven't
thought of it.  I campaigned for a long time for 90 days worth of refills
by showing how it saved BCBS and the company money, since most folks send
in their claims request on company time.  The paper work reduction act, (4
x a year instead of 12), cost of handling paper, etc.,   I stuck in all
kinds of stuff.  And got it changed to 90 days worth of supplies.
Bad news is now that I changed companies, I have to start all over again
cause they are still at 30 days worth.
Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL