Re: [IP] self employed and health insurance

Sheila Sweat wrote:

> Is there anyone here on the list who is self employed and has been able
> to find a private insurance that would cover them.

Several years ago, Utah had insurance for those who aren't insurable.
It required proof that you can't get coverage through work and a denial
from an insurance company.  It was some funded by the state and the
premiums weren't low but it certainly is better than no coverage.  It is
probably still available, I just haven't had a need to check.  You might
want to see if your state has anything like this.

Also, check if there are any professional associations that your husband
could join and get insurnace through.  My mom worked for a small company
that the health insurance was through an association.