Re: [IP] stomach flu

Hi, sorry to hear about Eve's flu.  Just wanted to mention something that
happened to me last week while I was sick...I'm not sure if it happens to
everyone but it's the first time it's happened to me since diagnosis 17 yrs
ago.  I had the flu as well...I didn't throw up but I had no interest in
food.  Two days into the flu, I found myself with sugars between 100-130 but
high ketones!  I couldn't get rid of them no matter how much sugar free
ginger ale I drank!  I called the doctor and she told me they were most
likely starvation ketones from not eating anything.  I didn't realize you
could get ketones from not eating.  Anyway, her solution was to drink regular
ginger ale instead of diet and bolus to get the sugars down.  She suggested 6
oz. every half an hour for three hours.  I tried it and it worked!  No more
ketones!  Like I said, I'm not sure if this happens to anyone, but it's good
to know anyway.  Kelly