Re: [IP] site in hip a success, sort of...

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Erinn wrote:

> well...finally i got my courage up to put a site in my hip. did it... and
> within an hour my blood sugar was 350... and climbing. i used a soft set

the one time i tried using a site in my hip (with a tender/sil/comfort
type set) it was fine for a while (when i wasn't very active) but as soon
as i got up and moved around a bunch my bg started to shoot up, and when i
removed the set, i found a 90 degree plus kink in the cannula...  i
haven't tried my hip again since... (guess i'm just chicken...) but since
i've finally found a way to help my tummy heal faster... i'll just stick
with that area, as it's my fave....

Jessica Elena Marder