Re: [IP] self employed and health insurance

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Sheila Sweat wrote:

> Is there anyone here on the list who is self employed and has been able
> to find a private insurance that would cover them.  My husband recently
> found employment but would rather work for himself which would mean him
> finding us insurance that would cover me or me going back to work to get
> group coverage.  He prefers the first choice but that seems hard for us
> due to my DM.Sheila

Yes sort of.... I got the coverage before Lily was dx'd.

One thing you might consider is to go ahead and get the coverage with the
exclusion for the pre-existing condition. These all have time limits and
will expire. Either remain employed or get cobra coverage until the time
limit on the pre-existing conditions expires.