[IP] a.m. BS rise and basal change

After reading all the replies to my post about my morning BS rise, I guess I
will need to set a temporary basal to correct this problem. I guess now, my
next question is, what time do most pumpers start this temp basal change, and
also does what time you go to bed at night have anything to do with this? I am
a definite night owl, I stay up to at least 12:30-1:00 am most nights, so will
I have a different time frame to aim for or does it not make any difference?
Once again, thanks for any suggestions or advice, Denise
P.S. I also tend to sleep later in the morning since I stay up later and I
frequently am up thru the night due to diabetic "stomach" problems. I am
guessing this will have an effect on when to start this temp basal rate?