[IP] in-law newly diagnosed type 2

Here in Kentucky I know a gentleman in his mid forties who had quintuple

bypass surgery about 4 years ago. He also has type 2 diabetes. His
visits are the 5 minute variety. He never gets an HBA1C, has never had
feet checked, never had any of the tests diabetics should be having even

after heart bypass surgery! He recently started going to another doctor
is now being properly evaluated. Isn't it amazing that for so long he
been allowed to go unchecked even though he makes regular visits to his

David I can relate to this.  I guess I just need to vent.   I  feel my
father has the same kind of doctor.   My father told his doctor he
wnated to take 70/30 insulin and the doctor said ok.  The control is
horrible and now he is on oral agents in addition to this by his own
request.  There have never been A1C's feet exams or anything.  My dad
had a quad bypass 10 years ago with no followup.  I asked my father if I
could talk to the doctor and was able to.  The dopctor told me he knew
what my dad needed and said he knew best.  My father has chosen to stay
with this doctor so it is out of my control sinmce he is a competent
adult  ( and an RN)  To top it off my father thinks I am trying too hard
to make him look bad with my good results with the pump.  Oh well
sometimes all I can do is vent on this site.  Sheila