Re: [IP] Psychiatric settings

When I did my psych clinicals I was using MDI and kept my stuff
locked up in the room where staff keeps their coats and bags and
things. I would keep your meter and things in there.  Carry a single
pen and keep track of it at all times.  Dont be overly concerned
about patients -- there are very few "Hannibal Lecter" types out
there and you probably wont ever see one during your clinical
(although I was never working in a prison). Just keep your pump
under your clothes and you probably wont have any problems. No
one will know you have a pump unless you take it out. If a patient
manages to get underneath your clothing (which in all likelyhood
wont happen!) you have more things to worry about than the pump!!!!

Good luck and remember to keep a good sense of humor -- you will
probably see some really weird stuff :)