Re: [IP] Re: JOB Denial

email @ redacted writes:

<< > 29 years ago I was DENIED a job at UPS  as a truck LOADER due to the
 > fact that I was diabetic (and still am ). I really have no
 > documented proof of this , but does anyone  think I have grounds for
 > a LAWSUIT ? >>
I am in support of all people denied a job because of diabetes. In 1968 I
went to UPS looking for a job. I was told because I had Diabetes I was not
able to work for them because I may have a reaction wile driving. I was
looking for a job as a truck mechanic. I was told I would be required to road
test the trucks. I checked the National Labor Relations Board and they said
they were inside there rights to refuse me. No problem I went to Polaroid and
had to wait two weeks for extra blood tests and was hired shortly after that.
I guess the moral is be patient and good things may happen to you. Forget the
laws of 30 years ago be happy you are still here!!!  Roger C dx 47