[IP] diluted Humalog

 Just to let those of you know, there is a diluent that
Lilly supplies that can be used to dilute Humalog. It is
the one to dilute NPH, and Humulin N, Humulin
50/50,HumulinN,etc. Just call Eli Lilly Co. Your doctor
will have to order it for you, and a CDE, or doc show
you how to do it, but it can be done. I used to do it ,
mix them in my Mini-Med syringe. Was using .3units per
hour, but in reality I was getting .15umits per hour.
Only problem is getting your doc, or his nurse to order
it.Doesn't work well without their help.
  good luck!
barbg

--- insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted>
wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest     Friday, January 7 2000
> Volume 03 : Number 801

> This issue of the digest contains:
> Re: [IP] Fw: Precision QID software
> Re: [IP] Traveling Abroad
> Re: [IP] Fw: Precision QID software
> [IP] dpt-1
> [IP] Re: Accu-Chek software/logging for young pumpers
> Re: [IP] micro sofsets
> [IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #799
> Re: [IP] dpt-1
> [IP] Re:Steve..insurance in writing
> Re: [IP] Re: Dilution solution added to Humalog
> Re: [IP] Traveling Abroad
> Re: [IP] in-law newly dxed type 2
> Profile of SUE FRANCOEUR <email @ redacted>
> Profile of Sheila Morris <email @ redacted>
> Profile of Wendy Alfieri <email @ redacted>
> [IP] Re: Profile of SUE FRANCOEUR <email @ redacted>
> RE: [IP] in-law newly dxed type 2
> Profile of scott polen <email @ redacted>
> Profile of Laurie Albers <email @ redacted>
> [IP] Re: Profile of scott polen <email @ redacted>
> Profile of Melissa Kahn <email @ redacted>
> [IP] Re: Thanks!  (Was:  RE: re: Disetronic Pump?) -
> Doctor Kickbacks
> Should pump brands be discussed? [[WAS Re: Thanks!
> (Was:  RE: [IP] re: Disetronic Pump?)]]
> [IP] accucheck website
> Re: [IP] Fw: Precision QID software
> Re: [IP] in-law newly dxed type 2
> [IP] Re: Profile of Wendy Alfieri
> <email @ redacted>
> Re: [IP] micro sofsets
> [IP] Re: Profile of Laurie Albers
> <email @ redacted>
> Re: [IP] FW: pizza and hyperglycemia

> Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:24:59 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Fw: Precision QID software
>
> Hi Holly I know the feeling I like my QID but could
> not talk the company into
> giving me the software.I even talked to managment with
> no luck.I was so mad
> after paying for the software I threw the adress away
> for the 3 places
> Precision gave me. I do like the program it works
> great. The price was
> between $50-$69. Good Luck Roger C dx47.
> -

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
> send a DONATION
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 07:50:54 -0500 (EST)
> From: Pamela Paslow <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Traveling Abroad
>
> Hi,
>
> I am the Mom of a 15 year old (3 year pumper).  I've
> been on this list
> before and took a break and asked to be put back on.
> I've gotten ALOT
> of valuable information from here and thank you all.
>
> Now I'm going to ask for more info.
>
> In July our son is going to Great Britain for 21 days
> with a student
> group.  We're looking for as much help as possible
> about traveling
> abroad, carrying insulin safely, supplies and how
> accessible insulin
> and supplies are in Great Britain.

> [...]
=== message truncated ===