Re: [IP] Velosulin Insulin

In a message dated 01/05/2000 2:58:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I am trying to find out if Velosulin insulin is going to be discontinued -
my local doctor said YES but my drugstore says NO - who makes Velosulin?
Disetronic told me that Lilly makes it?  Can any one help? >>

I use Velosulin too and it has been harder to get lately. I asked my CDE
about it and she said that when it first was approved for pumping Velosulin
was necessary because R clogged the tubing from time to time, so they took R
and added something to make it not clog, that is Velosulin. She told me that
the tubing for the pumps has improved to the point where that additive is no
longer necessary and R should work just the same and V.  Of course, I always
take every bit of advice with a grain of salt and I haven't tried it yet.  I
hope she's right because I'm sick today and took a large correction bolus of
H via a syringe and it didn't touch it.  Don't know why but me and H don't
get along real well.