Re: [IP] Traveling Abroad

> In July our son is going to Great Britain for 21 days with a student
> group.  We're looking for as much help as possible about traveling
> abroad, carrying insulin safely, supplies and how accessible insulin
> and supplies are in Great Britain.

we traveled for three weeks in switz. and italy with my then MDI daughter,
age ten.

humalog is good for one month without refridgeration.  we just kept her
vials  (two extra) in an insulated contaner/lunchbox.

bring extra, extra supplies and you will be fine.   humalog is available in

also bring prescriptions from your MD for all supplies.  plus a letter
stating that your son is IDDM.

he should have NO problems.  medicine is a phone call/fec express visit
away.  you may wish to talk to your insurance co. about reciprocal
pharmacies in england.