Re: [IP] Disetronic Question

The Animas pump will incorporate most of the good features
of both the MM508 and the D.  AFAIK, they do not plan on
putting a second pump in the package.

The technology for automatically monitoring glucose is
still in the testing stages.  The closest any company is to
getting something on the market is MM which now has a
continuous glucose tester that is distributed to and used
by doctors.  The doc will loan you the unit which will
continuously monitor your BG for about 72 hours.  You then
results.  You still have to do regular BG tests during this
time for comparison purposes.

All in all, though, I think the Animas pump sounds like it
is worth looking at before making a final decision.

I hope they get FDA approval soon.

--- jjovanov <email @ redacted> wrote:
> What's better about the Animas pump than the MM 508?
> Does it automatically
> monitor your glucose while pumping and adjust
> accordingly?  That plus
> waterproofness would be ideal to me!  Please let me know,
> why you feel this
> way.
> Thanks
> Jim