Re: [IP] Accuchek Complete & pumping

At 08:26 PM 1/6/2000 -0500, you wrote:

> >I'm interested in how you got it. I have spoken with many people at Acute
> >about the complete and have been told that the ONLY way to get one is to go
> >and purchase one and wait on the rebates. The last person was supposed to
> >a district sales manage and he was very adamant about not budging from
> >company policy.
> >Tommy
>I too called Accuchek in hopes of getting a free moniter (or at least a
>really good deal) & was told in no uncertain terms that they "DO NOT NOR
>HAVE THEY EVER" given away any moniters, regardless of amount of strip usage
>& testing frequency, nor are they likely to start!  (The caps are because
>that's the tone of voice I was given...maybe the woman I spoke with was
>having a particularly bad day, & I got the brunt of it.)  She did offer to
>send me rebate forms, & told me I could do the trade-in for a slight
>discount- the way she figured it, that put me at paying all-told around $60,
>which was still a little too rich for my pre-holiday blood.  Just as I was
>processing this info & trying to resign myself to it, along comes SuperSam
>to save the day!!  (Thank you, Sam...I owe you an update on that, as soon as
>the back-to-school life lets me catch my breath again!)  At any rate, when I
>called I got a very definite "NO!"  So it's not just you, Tommy.

Sorry for including the whole message but i think it is all good..  This is
odd I have got a tottal of 3 Complete metters from Accu-Check one was in
response to the lady on the phone (which i have the E-mail from the company
sitting here in my box.)
Accu-Chek is one of the hardest companies to get one from but i would
suggest avoiding the 1-800 number and get ahold of the Sales Rep.  They are
ALLOT more forgiving..  Ah and just so you know what they do with the
meters when they arrive is they just throw them away since it is a
Violation to send any product threw the mail that may contain Blood product
(which their is a certain method which must be used if they do send a
product which could have blood on it.)

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
Mailto:email @ redacted