[IP] suggestions on insurance PLEASE!!!

Hi everyone, I got some possibly bad news tonight: I got a call from
minimed, who ended up talking to my step dad since I'm not 18 yet and don't
deal with the bills (lucky me) but they told him that blue cross had
contacted them saying that now they were only going to authorize 80 percent
coverage on my pump stuff! Until now, everything has been
completely, absolutely, 100 percent covered.  Can they do this???? Minimed
didn't have much info, such as why they are doing this, and my step dad
hinted that they were going to try and make us pay for 20 percent of the
pump that had previously been covered (not sure if this is true though) the
main point is, my supplies were covered 100 percent.  Minimed called saying
that now they are only covered 80 percent.  They told us to call blue cross
as it sometimes makes a difference if the patient calls.  I'm looking for
any suggestions or insight into this whole thing. I feel very lucky that I
have not had insurance problems until now, but am therefore unexperienced.
thanks, Gianna