Re: [IP] rebounds

> Is it just me (actually Andrew,4.75) or is a high from a "suspected"
> rebound MUCH harder to bring down then "other" highs?
Yes, much harder -- at this point he would probably be insulin
resistant and you have to overcome that as well.

> I find that it
> takes almost double when it is a "suspected" rebound. Sadly, I'm
> just guessing when he's 400 and the normal 1 unit Humalog does not
There is another thing going on here.  Nice healthy kidneys are busy
excreting sugar from the urine otherwise he would be much higher. The
400 is not a good representation of the high since the kidneys are
working overtime at this point.

> bring him down more than 30-50. Normally it drops him 100. Any
> thoughts? I test the poor kid 12-15 times a day as it is but we're
> still not over the "bug" so it's more difficult right now.
Check with YOUR medical team on this, but I'm very aggressive with
insulin to keep bg's in line with Lily when she is ill. We increase
both basals, ratios, and boluses to keep bg's within target range
until the illness passes, being extra vigilant for the expected
decrease in insulin requirements as she recuperates.