[IP] putting down tape first for micro soft sets

In a message dated 01/05/2000 10:25:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I
 received in the mail today, a Mini Med Newsletter! In this edition it had=
 article about the micro's. It said the best way to use them was to apply =
 IV3000 tape down first, then insert, then cover with an overtape. >>

So what is the deal with this?  Why put down the IV3000 tape first?  My
daughter has only been pumping for a couple of weeks and didn't start out
with the micros, but have used them off and on, and using them now.  We LOVE
them!  So much better that the Ultimate! (for her anyway).  But please
explain why to put down the tape first?  After you put it on, do you just
insert through the hole in the tape?
Susan 8)