Re: [IP] chinese food - ingredients

>Chinese food and other Oriental types of food usually are very high in
>different starches(carbs) as well as sugars.  This type of cooking
>incorporates sugar or sugar syrup that wrecks havoc with our BGs.

  Hello! Just want to relate an experience I had once . . .the above comment
is very true: even if you are "sure" that a certain chinese food doesn't
have added sugar, ASK!!! Last year, I went out for chinese food and decided
to make sure, so I asked the waitress to check on the item (I forget what it
was . . .) and it turns out they added tons of sugar, pineapple juice, and
corn starch.  So I had them make it without it.  My post meal bg was "only"
235 compared to the previous time i'd gotten chinese and had a bg of 435
after!  (These were both pre-pump btw)  Another note:  if you ever order
fajitas in a restaurant, ask what's in the marinade!! Sometimes those are
made with fruit juices as well :)  --Gianna