[IP] nsurance & Interviews

Jennifer wrote:

>  During the job interview process, is there any good way to get
>  information about a company's coverage

Do NOT tell them you have a pre-existing condition.  If it is a large
company, they are required by law (some exeptions) to provide yo with
coverage.  Merely ask for the name of the health insurance the comapny
provides, and ask for a telephone number.  Call them YOURSELF and ask the
pertinent questions.  Though is may be against the law to discriminate
against you for having a pre-existing condiitoin, don't foolyourself into
thinking that they may see what GREAT shape you are in and you take SUCH good
control of yourself...all they hear is DIABETIC and they think PASSING OUT,

An insurance company would have to pretty much have a written RIDER that
specifically EXCLUDES pumps and the supplies...generally they are considered
medically necessary and Durable Medical Goods...if your doctor prescribes it,
they have to provide it...do not ask the employer!!!  They WON'T know and it
will be a RED FLAG to them

>  never admitted up-front during an interview that I have
> juvenile diabetes.

don't do it.  If they ask if you have any conditions that would prevent you
from doing your job, you can honestly say no, cuz as long as you take care of
yourself there is no job you can't do - except maybe fly an airplane and I
have heard that is changing/has changed.  If they ask if you have any
pre-existing conditions, ask, is that a legal question and what bearing does
it have on this partiuclar position.  Make sure your pump doesn't alarm in
the middle od the interview and if it does - oops youjust got a page from
another job offer....don't mention kids or spouse either...

who is WAY behind on digests and who has lost 2 possible jobs for asking
about health insurance....