Re: [IP] Re: 3 day fast - ketones

I have done fast before
>and just wanted to say that your body does produce keytones during a fast
>though.  Not sure how that would effect a diabetic differently from a non

  hi everyone : I read somewhere that ketones from fasting and such are not
the same (re: not dangerous?) as ketones from out of control blood sugars
and having no insulin available.  I  have ended up going SEVERAL hours w/out
eating since on a pump, and have tested for ketones just to see, and they
were there but since I had my basals set pretty well, my blood sugars were
great. Isn't this what happens to non-D's anyway when they don't eat? I
don't understand why it would be something to worry about if you are getting
basal insulin.  --Gianna