Re: [IP] insurance "in writing" quetion-venting too

>Ok, I have seen this advice several times here on IP, and my question
>is: how do you guys get your insurance company to do that???
>We have tried to get our insurance company to tell us in writing exactly
>what things are covered and for how much. Their response is always
>something along the lines of: "we don't do that, because it could be
>construed as a promise to pay, and we don't promise to pay every claim"

Great question and comment, I've always wondered how on earth you can get
anything in writing, I've never been able to.  Although, the pump company
did, and thank God, for after I got the pump BC/BS said they weren't going
to pay, but Disetronic and myself had a copy of their so called promise so
I went to Insurance Commissioners office and BC/BS was forced to pay.