Re: [IP] Pumps

>   I have noticed a lot of talk through these emails about which pump is
> best(Disetronic or MiniMed).  The bottom line is both have positives and
> negatives.  Here is what I have found: 1.Disetronic is water proof, yet
> Mini Med can be disconnected with the soft set and you can purchase a
> water proof pouch if need be.

The Disetronic can also be disconnected with the Tenders (both pumps sets
can be use interchangeably since they are made by the same company)

>3. Disetronic gives you 2 pumps, yet the real reason for this is that the
>FDA told them they had to because the Parent company is in Europe and
>return and repair is next to impossible in a safe period of time.

Not so not so The pumps here in the US are not sent to Europe for repair
the D. has a office here in the United States I have had Both pumps Error
when i first started on the pump and i had replacements for both pumps on
my door in about 8 hours.  The fact that they give you 2 is because it is
in line of their thinking of backing up every system of the pump.  that is
why the D has 2 microprocessors, 2 power sources, and 2 pumps.

Just So you know Steve.

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
Mailto:email @ redacted