Re: [IP] frustration

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble pumping.
I would like to think that it would be the perfect solution
for every DMer but I know, in reality, it is not.

I am just wondering ... your list of possible changes did
not include mixing H and V insulin.  Have you already tried
that?  It seems to help a lot of people who have problems
with straight H insulin.

My ex-stepdaughter had horrible raging hormones when she
was around 16.  Basing things on my experience with her,
and my own, you sound pretty normal in that department.  My
cycles were never regular at that age and neither were
hers.  However, I wasn't DM at that age (that we know of)
and she still isn't.  The good news is that we both settled
down to normal (if there is such a thing) when we neared
adulthood.  I have only recently started having the
hormones act up again but my doc put me on birth-control
pills (Ortho Tri-Cyclen) and it has straightened things
right out.  You may even want to explore that possibility
yourself.  Another benefit of the Tri-Cyclen pills is that
they seem to help control acne and skin problems if you
have them (I know most teenagers do).

I really hope to hear that you get it worked out and get to
keep your pump.  INJECTIONS SUCK!!!

Best of luck to you.  Let me know how things work out -- I
care and want you to succeed.

*   Susan K.  (^i^)
*      AOL IM nickname: "ILuvBirdz"
*         E-mail: email @ redacted