Off-Topic But I Need This Info was: Re: [IP] Strange Date

Linda and IP,

This fix worked great on my system with the very last
upgrade of WIN95 (just before WIN98 was released).

However, My Dad has a system with the very first edition of
Win95 on it.  I made this fix on his computer on January 1
and it seemed to work OK.  Now, though, each day at 12 am
the system retains the month and day but changes the year
to 2094.  He has to reset the year every day.

Do you, or anybody else, know of a patch that might work to
fix this?

--- Linda Vermeersch <email @ redacted> wrote:
> From the Microsoft Year 2000 Readiness Disclosure and
> Resource Center:
> "The machine's BIOS program does not automatically update
> the century
> during the POST routine....Windows 95 and Windows
> 3.x/MS-DOS will set the
> date to January 4, 1980, the first valid date for the
> operating system. To
> update the century register, reset the date in Control
> Panel or use the
> DATE command in MS-DOS. The machine's BIOS and operating
> system should then
> maintain the date properly."
> Linda V.

*   Susan K.  (^i^)