Re: [IP] Batteries was Beloved Backlight

Make sure the batteries are inserted all the way - the top of the battery
should be just slightly "below" the edge of the pump. If they're not
inserted tightly enough, there won't be good electrical contact. Don't over
tighten to the point of cracking the pump case, though.

Also, note the expiration date on the side of the battery case and call
Disetronic (I assume you're using a D, based on this thread). I've had some
batteries I suspected were "less than prime" and D worked with me to take
care of my concerns.

Note that pumps will only alarm when the battery reaches a pre defined
"low" threshold. If the brand new battery is only slightly above this "low"
threshold when first used, it won't take long before it expires and alarms.
While this may explain a lot of the YMMV re: batteries, it's not sufficient
in my opinion. The pump vendor will hold the battery manufacturer to their
stated quality control standards if we let them know there are problems.

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted