[IP] morning BS rise

I need some help making an adjustment of my basals. I can wake up with great
BS's, and no matter what I do, bolus and eat or not eat, I will rise to highs
of almost 300. I will come back down to normal approximately 3 hours later.
But in the meantime I feel horrible! From 12am to 6am, I am on a basal rate of
.5 and the rest of the time I am on a rate of .3. I was on a rate of .6 prior,
but was waking up with constantly unsafe lows. Any ideas on how to adjust so I
don't spike so high after breakfast, but don't bottom out before or around
lunch? Thanks again for any help, Denise