[IP] DKA experience

>.the pump has made life much easier in so many ways.  You have,
> however, given me a vivid reminder NOT to take the device for granted so
> that I fail to carry out conventional checks for trouble during times of
> sickness.

and I will second that as I am running into at LEAST 3 people a DAY who have
had OR are still recuperating from this nasty thing.  including a 5 week old
baby who had to be hospitalized for 5 days!

I am very vigilant now...for any signs that geneva has this flu/virus.  I
will not take any chances (as I am known to do...in my "I can handle these
things" mode) since reading about everyone's posts.

no sirreee....

we will be packed and ready to hit the nearest ER if the first sign of high
fever/vomiting occurs.
but...we all did have a flu shot...so  hopefully....

mom to 10 1/2 yr. old geneva