[IP] Re: DKA/Dehydration

Just went through a similar episode - BG at 180, normal dinner, stomach virus
attacks at Midnight, in ER by 4:00 am in intense dehydration, BP when first
tested was 70/40, but Blood sugar at 100.  NPO for 30 hours, now pump but
coverage insulin.  6 Liters of saline later, back to my normal healthy self.
Dr. says that once vomitting and diahreas (sp?) start can goes for more than
an hour, truck on into the ER so they can keep me hydrated- Bob