Re: [IP] Record Keeping

In a message dated 1/4/00 12:07:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Records are nice and help you see major
 changes in basals or ratios and help formulate a correction strategy
 - but they are not essential and take a lot of time and effort to
 maintain. For some, it's not worth it. I've not pressed my daughter
 to keep records, she stopped doing so a couple of years ago. She is
 very diligent about testing and tweaking to keep her bg's at an
 appropriate level. I can't ask for more. >>
    Melissa is now officially 17 & overwhelmed with just being 17, stressing
about AP courses, SATs, looking at potential colleges, etc.....so I am
grateful I don't HAVE TO ask for more, since she's doing the same thing Lily
is. The record-keeping made ME feel better, but considering I don't even
remember how to work the pump anymore, this ball should definitely be in HER
court - not mine, and thankfully she's handling it well.

Regrds, Renee ( pump-mom )