[IP] Response to Mallard Duck, Jane

Hi Jane,
I am 58, diabetic for 15 years, and yes, hormones, whether actually
menstrating or not, will mess with your bgs.   My doctors say there is no
connection to erratic bgs during menopause.  However, I asked them to prove
it and of course they could not.  In the beginning phases of menopause, for
nearly two years on and off, my bg levels were like a pogo jumper and
nothing I did would level them at all.  This is about the time I went on
the pump....so thank goodness for that experience.  After a couple of years
on ERT, and the pump, I have a 6.2 Hbaic.   ANYTHING can make your numbers
erratic, stress about your erratic numbers does a really good job of
driving you nuts!  But the point is, I firmly believe any hormonal changes,
from them time one nears puberty, to the beginnings of pre-menopause,
hormones affect your bg levels.  As always, YMMV.  Feel free to email me
privately if you have any questions.  Most of all, hang in there and try
not to get stressed out about it.
Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL