Re: [IP] In the Dark....from Pumpgirl

>Hi y'all, this is Pumpgirl from Sunny Sydney.  Well the only time I used
>a backlight was when I was in the movies and couldn't leave a most
>exciting scene yet needed to do a test. So I used the backlight to do a
>test with.  It worked fine after I bolused my finger, and pricked my
>knee, I mangaed to test o.k. But you know what?  The hero died anyway.

I just remembered that my watch has a backlight. I suppose I could use it
to illuminate either the pump or tester if need be. Also, for Hanukkah, I
got a cute little flat flashlight that I clipped to my keychain. Choices,

>And I love the clicks on the Minimed as when I've bolused I hold my
>little pump and it clicks away quite happily in my hand to tell me it is
>working. Sometimes it is too noisy to hear the beeeeeeeeep. Especially
>with a five year old boy and seven year old girl. AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Hmmm. That's a good point. For those who are on the fence between D and MM:
On New Year's Eve I had to bolus visually because I could not hear the
beeps over the crowd noise. In a quiet setting, the beeps are plenty loud
enough to be even a bit annoying. But it doesn't take much noise to drown
them out.

Jeffrey Weiss
email @ redacted
Dallas, TX