Re: [IP] When to have Eye Exams

Re: When to have an eye exam

     I have an eye exam done by an Opthamologist (not Optometrist) once a
year, plus my endocrinologist always looks at my eyes with a laser thing in
the dark.
     If you don't have vision insurance I think a decent exam can be done by
an Optometrist if you tell them you have IDDM.  I wear glasses so I go every
year for a checkup anyway.  Before my 20's I didn't wear glasses & only had
the endo. looking at my eyes.
     The optometrist should do a test that blows air into each eye, and they
should look for broken blood vessels.  At my Opthamologist's they have a
machine that takes a pic of my eye to compare from one year to the next.