[IP] Re:how to upgrade pump

I recently did just that--upgraded from a 506 to a 508.  The 506 was 3 years, 11 months old, so almost out of warranty, and that was our "platform" for why I needed a new one.  The 506 was wonderful, but outdated and no longer manufactured.  So. . . I needed a new one.  The process, with guidance from MM and the necessary documentation from my endo, was nearly painless.

I'm sure there is some difference from insurance company to insurance company.  Remember, though, that your doctor and pump company should advocate for you and have no reason NOT to want you to have a shiny new pump.

Feel free to email me off the list if I can be of help.