Re: [IP] A1C And Alls well Dosen't end well

Hi! My daughter, age 14 and on the pump almost 3 years now, went from HgbA1C
of 6.42 to 10.2 in the 2 years she is on the pump. Part of that was due to
growth hormone and pre-period hormone changes, as well as childhood illnesses
that messed up her BG. You are right though that another aspect is that you
may not have as many lows on the pump and this happened to her also. We founf
that she needed to go back to testing before every meal, at bedtime, and 2
hrs. after each meal to cover her better. At least that's what she tries to
do. It will be great when they have a convenient, cheap, non-invasive BG
monitor for everyday use!
Good luck with them.

Joann (mom of Cara type 1 for 3 years)