[IP] My beloved backlight

In a continuing thread on why folks chose the Diesetronic over MM pump, my
colleague in Dallas, Jeffrey Weiss, says of his D choice:

"I haven't yet found a reason to wish for a backlight.''

Doesn't he ever feel funny in the night and hate to wake up his bedmate to
check when he last bolused? Doesn't he ever need to bolus for popcorn in a
dark movie theater? Isn't he ever in the kitchen late at night for a snack
and just too lazy to turn on the light?

I use my MM backlight AT LEAST 6 times each 24-hour period. Others have
warned it burns the battery fast, but my batteries last about 6 months, I've
found, so that's not a worry.

PS: My other reason for choosing MiniMed is that they, not Diesetronic, are
doing significant work on the glucose sensors, which I'd like to be in on.

S.
Detroit Free Press