Re: [IP] strange date

 >Did anyone see the recent post dated 01/04/80. Is this a Y2K? That would be
 >great if it is...then we could say all the hype paid off! tee hee.
 >
 >It was Re: Important Reminder-Sam in the subject!
 >

 >just noticed...and found it humorous!

The system date will get usually re-set to 1980 if your computer battery is
dying... I don't know about Y2K (which turned out to be Y-OK). You can
easily check your system date with Windows by double clicking the time in
the lower right corner. If it doesn't say January 2000 with the correct
time, you can fix it here. If it reverts back to 1980 when you re-boot,
it's probably a dying system battery. In this case you need to get it
replaced as soon as possible or you'll have your computer BIOS settings
messed up every time you shut your system off.

Sam