[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #787

email @ redacted writes:

 Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 14:22:51 -0800
 From: "the petersons" <email @ redacted>
 Subject: Re: [IP] ANOTHER Site question >>

My nine year old daughter started the pump about three months ago and faced
disaster amidst the training group we were with when the mini-med rep put the
soft-set into her stomache. Bottom-line----she has so little fat on her
stomach that she suffered great pains the minutes (yes, only minutes) that it
was in her. We promptly chose a site in her upper rear and have been using
that area ever since. So far, so good. No infection and no problems with
absorbtion. Infact, with "the new way" she's been eating, we may be able to
try her stomach sooner than later!