[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #787

email @ redacted writes:

<< Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 09:16:57 -0800
 From: "Ruth Schneider" <email @ redacted>
 Subject: Re: [IP] Crystal Light
 > I don't know about the rest of you - but my son Brian is soooo tired of
 > Diet Coke in restaurants. >>

In order to sway away from the dull "diet coke" syndrome, I travel with a few
diet sodas in my car so my nine year old Katie always has an alternative---I
find that fast food restaurants have no problem with giving us a cup with ice
for our own drink (we explain if we get blank stares or any resistence!). The
"Wendy's" in our So. Cal area offers diet Sprite AMAZINGLY enough! I also
have a few packets of diet hot chocolate in my glove box for impromtu
afternoon stops at Starbucks---the branches we frequent are always happy to
accomodate with hot water and whipped cream!