[IP] Re: (IP) Hello and questions on problems with altitude? or skiing?

Date: 1/2/2000
From:  Brynn email @ redacted   email @ redacted
Subject: Re(IP) Hello and questions on problems with altitude? or Skiing

I've been on MM 508 for about 6 weeks and have gotten alot of info and
support from all of you. I'm still trying to get all my basals set correctly
- on Humalog between .2 and .3 every hour. Insulin:Carb ratio is 15:1 or 20:1
depending on time of day. So far I've been very successful at eliminating a
lot of "low bg's" since going on the pump - so, I'm pleased. Now for the
questions - just got back from skiing and snowshoeing in Colorado - in the
past this has always effected my bg's - running too high, or very irregular.
But, it was worse on the pump, except that it was a bit easier to correct
through boluses and changing the basals.  Since I live on the East coast, I
was wondering if the altitude could be partly to blame? Has anyone else had
this problem?  I don't think the exercise was an issue, because I'm really
active at home and workout on a regular basis.  Food was also kept pretty
regular, and I did use carb counting and dual boluses.