[IP] Ketoacidocis???

I had an episode of vomiting on Thursday, ended up in the ER and then in ICU---the Dx was KDA---the endo. said that even tho the insulin was going in, that my body wasn't
absorbing it---probably from not changing my pump site for 7 days---does this seem logical?  My BS's were 169 when the vomiting started and was, at its' highest 400.  I know
that I have had BS's of over 600 and was able to get things under control.  I am totally confused at this point.  The endo says that I should not go longer than 3 days before
changing sites?  Any opinions?

Imagine just one day without diabetes!