Re: [IP] Disetronic questions

 just an update to my earlier responses

<< >>5.  What advice would you give to someone selecting and just
>starting to use a pump? >>

Read the manual and watch the training tape. Then use tap water to practice
programing, filling and and priming the pump. DO NOT INSERT THE INFUSION
NEEDLE TILL YOU HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED BT YOUR MEDICAL TEAM!!! I practiced
filling and priming and programming twice a day for one week while waiting to
see the pump trainer at Joslin. She and my doctor decided to let me start
right out on insulin, did not have to pump with saline for a couple of days
first like most.
Scooter