[IP] RE: Disetronic Question

This is a question for all D users:

>There have been several posts to the insulin-pumpers listserver
regarding MM
>pumps from MM pump users.  There have not been many posts from D
users.

>Would you please take a few moments to answer these questions:

>1.  Why did you choose the Disetronic pump?
It has 2 microprocessors, if the batteries are removed you don't have to
reprogram your basal rates, I guess in the back of my mind I kept *hearing*
about all the problems people were having with MM. <sorry.> I remember
someone making a comparison of the 2 pumps, (I believe they had used both)
and said it was like comparing (D, MM) respectively an IBM with a PB. That
stuck in my mind also.
>2.  What are the three things you like best about the Disetronic
pump?
        (1) Back up pump
        (2) If the batteries are removed you don't have to reprogram basal
rates.
        (3) Hrmmmmm . . . having trouble coming up with a third -- I believe
that the back up pump was the deciding factor for me. I love my pump and if I
chose the MM, I'm sure I would love that pump also.

>3.  What are the top three things you would change about the
Disetronic pump?

Maybe add the square wave bolus feature like the MM -- other than that I
wouldn't change a thing.

Jack had mentioned that he could only view the last bolus with his D. I just
got the HTron Plus and you can view many boluses (maybe 10) . I don't know
for sure how many, but it also shows a history of alarms that have gone off.
Maybe you have an older pump? I'm not a longtime *veteran* of pumping, so I'm
not familiar with the prior versions.

>4.  What do you think of the customer service provided by the
Disetronic company?
    I have only had excellent CS from Disetronic. Have yet to order any
supplies or anything, but if I have any questions about anything I usually
email my pump rep/trainer, and he is always very helpful.

>5.  What advice would you give to someone selecting and just
starting to use a pump?
    Like everyone else has said, Go by what is important to you. One
important thing to remember is that the only *wrong* choice is saying *no* to
pumping. Whichever pump you choose will be the *right* answer for YOU!!

Now I just have to learn how to count carbs. . . *sigh* . . . Bought the
Pumping Insulin book . . . now that the holidays are over and we are in our
new quarters (moved on post over Christmas) I will concentrate on this book!!