Re: [IP] re: Disetronic Pump?

1.  Why did you choose the Disetronic pump?

We looked at both pumps. Both our Endo and CDE had better experiences with
the D, but we left the choice up to our daughter (she was 12). She felt more
comfortable with the D. She said it was easier for her to operate. She was a
little confused by the MM, but for some reason (I don't know if it was the
pump rep or the pump) she understood the D.

2.  What are the three things you like best about the Disetronic

The things we like best would probably apply to any pump, but the feature
that my daughter liked was that it was waterproof. She has gone swimming and
taken a shower with the pump attached. She usually disconnects, but there
isn't a problem if she just jumps in. I (her Mom) liked the fact that you
received two pumps. As a parent, this just seemed important "just in case".
We explained this to Rachel and told her with the MM, she would still get
another pump (if necessary), but it would take a day and she would have to go
back to shots until it arrived. That was not an option for her. (She has
always hated shots ... don't most of us.)

3.  What are the top three things you would change about the
Disetronic pump?

I think a square wave could be useful, although this can be imitated with the
D with a little creative bolusing.

4.  What do you think of the customer service provided by the
Disetronic company?

Rachel has been pumping for close to 6 months and we haven't needed to call
them. The only time we were in communication with them was in the beginning.
When we called them to say we were interested in pumping, they returned our
call that day. We had an appointment setup with a rep within the week. The
insurance was completed quickly.

5.  What advice would you give to someone selecting and just
starting to use a pump?

The important thing is to just get pumping. When you receive your pump, have
a little fun playing with it before beginning. Each pump is wonderful in it's
own way. But you have got to try pumping. There have actually been people who
haven't liked it (Rachel can't figure that one out). Rachel was diagnosed 4
years ago this Leap Day, and pre-pump, life was a rollercoaster of bg swings
and food battles. The last 6 months, although not perfect, have been great.
So far, it's as close to normal as we have found. So, my advice is to get
pumping and keep praying for that cure.