[IP] costs of maintaining this site

In a message dated 12/31/1999 2:12:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 However, it costs Michael $20,000 a year out of his own pocket to
 maintain the list and website.  The amount raised represents about one
 third of that.  129 contributors are but a small portion of the total
 membership, which is now somewhere above 15,000.

Dear Lee,

Thank you for sharing this information.  I, like I'm sure many others on this
list, had no idea how much it costs to maintain this site.  Could I ask that
a reminder (with the URL posted as you did in this post) be posted again on a
regular basis?  I went right to my checkbook when I read this post or else I
knew I would forget to send a donation. :-)  How could Michael, et.
al...possibly keep this list running if so short on cash donations?

Pumping MM508 since Nov. 14, 1999  and loving this list