Re: [IP] Re: eye exams..at what time?

Well, this may be a little late but re: eye exams. They should be done five
years after diagnosis according to recommendations for Type I DM and probably
at the time of diagnosis for Type II. Thereafter every year. This is a
dilated eye exam preferably with retinal photos so they can have a hard copy
to check for the development, or progression of eye problems. My daughter,
age 14 and diagnosed almost 3 years ago with Type 1, just had her first.
Insurance should pay for these b/c they are related to a medical diagnosis.
Happy New Year.