Re: [IP] pretend-pump-practice

At 05:30 PM 1/31/1999  Natalie A. Sera wrote:
>Sam Skopp wrote:
>> Have you considered the Silhouettes? A very high percentage of us use one
>> of the flavors of this set. It's ideal for us slow pokers.
>Actually, I haven't considered ANYTHING -- when the pump came, it was
>accompanied by 4 boxes of SofSets. I guess that's what the doc/diabetes
>center ordered. The patient isn't supposed to have an opinion, is

I think the Soft-sets are what normally comes with the new pump package
unless you specifically ask for something else.... why, I don't know.
MiniMed will take any unopened boxes back and exchange them for you.

>One thing I've discovered about this pump is that if you don't know what
>you're doing, and take time to think, it won't wait for you!!! So you've
>got to have some manual and mental dexterity!!!!  :)

It only seems that way now... after a while, it will seem like the pump has
slowed down. Just think about how scary and confusing MDI seemed at
first... after while it became so routine that you didn't even have to
think about it anymore... right? Pumping will be the same.

Relax and enjoy... you have a whole new world of possibilities opening up
for you.