[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #781

Boy, do I feel cheated!  I keep seeing that everyone else got these
training sessions with carb counting and detailed instructions.  I got 30
minutes (if that much) with the nurse who showed me how to work the
buttons and put the darn thing in.  No wonder my sugars are still
ridiculous.  I was afraid my endo was not being aggressive enough with my
doses (range from 0.4 to 1.0 but mostly 0.4-0.8).  How do I retroactively
get the training I need?  My endo has started a Joslin sattelite, but
they don't take my insurance (and he doesn't "believe" in pumps anyway).
There is one other endo in town who is an option, but he is not taking
new patients until he gets a partner ( I know his nurse, I called and
begged and she still said "no way!").  What do I do?  How do I get help?
I'm looking for that pumping book that someone suggested.  What else can
I do?  I guess I didn't appreciate how much the pump world has changed
since the old AS6MP!!
DM 19 years
pumping almost 1 year (this time)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]